Thursday, July 10, 2008

I have spent many mornings this summer out on my back patio enjoying my private "forest" while I watch the birds or work on my latest story. It has been cool, and soothing to my soul at the same time. This picture is not a current one. We have added two bird feeders and have had a couple of greedy gray-breasted jays come to visit. They peck out the seeds they want and scatter the rejects far and wide around the feeder with their beaks. Very finicky, indeed.
This is one of those small joys that I get on nearly a daily basis. I hope you have a place of serenity where you can slow down and breathe deeply in peace.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The only thing that likes to hang out on my back patio is a bunch of yellow-jackets. Ah, well. Have fun with the birdies!

Love,Criss