Friday, April 26, 2013

Walk to Provo and Nearly Back Home Again


I went on a long walk yesterday on the fire road north to Provo.  Here are some of my favorite pictures:


 Please notice the beautifully green foothills,


 

              the two soaring hawks dancing above the clouds,





















the tiny flowers nestled in the wild grass,







the new growth of lime-green leaves framing the sheer drop of the Three Sisters,





 





the look back at Sierra Bonita,















the fresh spring yard of someone who lives on 3rd South in Provo,















the intriguing rural gateway to farm sheds--it fronts busy urban State Street,











and the smiling happy walker.

Actually I wasn't smiling quite as much later; I was mostly limping most of the way home as my toes and knees were protesting all the miles.  A neighbor noticed me walking near the old Thorn construction property and swung around to come back and offer me a ride the rest of the way home.  I was delighted to accept.

When I got home, I found Don at the top of a tall tall TALL ladder, preparing to trim or cut down a tree in our front yard.  I spent the next couple of hours helping him to remove the tree.  Needless to say, I was feeling my age by the time we finished.

                                                 Still, it truly was a wondrous day.

1 comment:

Jenae said...

I love this! Spring is a glorious season. The pictures are beautiful, but my favorite is the one of you! Looking forward to seeing you next week.