Thursday, July 02, 2009

Salt Lake with the Webers









I had a great time with Kirsten, Rebecca and Spencer in Salt Lake on Tuesday. Here are a few of the photos I took until my camera stopped working. (A temporary malfunction, thank goodness.)

We walked around Temple Square (where I caught a shot of Spencer mid-sneeze in front of the Temple). We also saw where Jorgen and Carolyn were serving their mission at the Family History building.




I have always loved the Salt Lake Temple. The workmanship is amazing and I love the uplift it gives my spirits.



Rebecca and I climbed down to the Memorial Gardens (I'm not sure of the exact name) while Spencer and Kirsten went to see the state Capitol Building. Of course the first thing I ran into on the trail down was a rustling in the weeds that turned out to be a snake. That added a bit of adrenalin to the occasion for me.












The park at the bottom was beautiful. I was reminded again of all who gave their lives to serve their country. A breeze came up and I took a bunch of pictures of the flag which you can see in my blog about the 4th of July.


We went to Gateway Mall and ate supper at the Olive Garden before going swimming at the Ramada Inn, where we stayed the night. It was a nice trip for me! Rebecca is off for two weeks in Texas to visit Mackenzie and Zoe and, of course, Uncle Brent.

4 comments:

CHERRANNE said...

How nice! My Brother was married in the Salt Lake Temple. It is SUCH a LOVELY building. These photos are great! :-)

CHERRANNE said...

P.S. I am guessing that You didn't bring the snake Home to have as a Pet????? :-)

Jenae said...

I had a dream about a snake last night. Yuck! I'm glad you had a great trip. I love you!

What it's like to have Addison's Disease said...

I'm so glad you could come with us!