Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Lovely Week









This has been a week of beauty with many moments of joy.
Don and I went to Kelly's Grove up the canyon and sat by the stream enjoying the perfect temperature, the soft sound of the water rolling over the rocks, and the shimmer of sunlight behind the golden autumn leaves. It was a delight, indeed. Don tried out the swings and we both laughed at the funny-shaped little pine tree.
I was able to have fun reading with Jessika and Micah, and then have additional fun playing with Peter and Ashleigh.
This week I was contacted by Melissa, my young friend and organizer of the writing group at BYU who helped me greatly with my Grig novel. I was so happy to find that the group are still meeting, and I am going to join them again. Hurrah! I can hardly wait until Wednesday.
I was blessed that Erik was willing to help out when my computer went kaput for a time. He backed up all my systems, got a mouse to work that refused to do anything when I tried to connect it, took care of checking all the systems and making my start up time shorter. In short, he was generous and restored my peace of mind so I can connect with so many of my family members. Thanks, Erik!
Also, I got the chance to help a little with Michelle's move and enjoyed walking with Daniel around a large section of blocks just after the sun had gone down and before the dark of night was complete. I forgot my camera, so I didn't get pictures, but I think the twin home they are renting now is really nice!
To top off a great week, we watched general conference and I was uplifted and made joyous again listening to the talks. What goodness and kindness. I am rejuvenated. (Oh, and it has rained softly for two days now. Just what we needed!) Life is good; thank you, God.

2 comments:

Jenae said...

I love this post Mom. It is so great to have such a wonderful week. You deserve the best!

What it's like to have Addison's Disease said...

Splendid! I'm so glad you could have some joy. It made me want to go up the canyon.